Saturday, November 29, 2008

Layers of Love...

There were only 6 of us for dinner this Thanksgiving, but our table settings were a reminder of all the dear family and friends who graced our lives & have made such an impact on us!
We layered the table with gifts of love & friendship!
We started by creating these cute card-stock turkeys.
Our thanks to Martha Stewart for the idea.
Each person spent a few minutes writing the things they are thankful for on the feathers, & their name on the turkey and we had a place card.

The first layer was our Hotel Silverware, a collection Bryce bought me several years ago. I love how each piece is a different pattern. They were from Horshow & Co.
The rattan placemats were a gift last Christmas, from our dear friend, Johnny Martinez. We love using them in the summer on our patio, but they were also perfect to start our place settings for this Thanksgiving table.

Our chargers are a vintage find that Bryce brought home about 3 years ago. They are Homer Laughlin, Lyrica pattern and I love the soft ivory color and the simple pattern. We are on the hunt for 5 more of these beauties, to make 12 in our collection.


Our plates this year are a TJMAXX find! They are a soft grey-brown, transferware pattern, and the dog in them really tugged at my heart. Could not beat the price, so they came home with me.













Our beautiful goblets are a legacy from our friend Debbie who passed away in 1998. I think they were a wedding gift to her. I just love Debbie and am thrilled to have these goblets!
The creamer, we put our gravy in, is a gift from our Aunt Joane. It is from Nicholas Mosse in the Landscape Farmhouse pattern. This piece has ALL my favorite colors in it!
Aunt Joane is the genie of gift giving, her gifts are always unique and so thoughtful!
Our serving bowl with the beautiful lid with acorns was a gift from our dearest friend Betty West, in Ohio. We miss having her live close. She is an elegant, thoughtful friend.

Our rusty oak leaf & acorn centerpiece was another gift of love from Bryce.
I found this at our most favorite shop in the entire world,
Wisteria/Aptos Gardens, 5870 Soquel Drive,Soquel, California (more about this wonderful place in a later post!)
It was a tad more than we wanted to spend, but Bryce insisted it come home with us. It has so much patina!

So this is how we layered the love on our Thanksgiving table.
Filled with memories of those we love & cherish.
We hope your Thanksgiving was filled with the same!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi Sister Brewer, I just wanted to say that I just love you. I always have. I'm so glad you have a blog! And I love your craftiness--but it's more than just craftiness, you are elegant and sophisiticated and you have such style. It's great to see how your collection of pieces graced your Thanksgiving...just beautiful!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Deborah, I love, love, love your table setting. Just gorgeous! I enlarged the pics and have to tell you that your home is just adorable. Love the furniture and all of the accessories. That wreath would have come home with me, too. I don't think I have been to that shop but I think it will go on my list of places to visit this year.

xo
Becky