Monday, October 19, 2009

painter drop cloths = dining chair slipcovers


We took...
1-
Home Depot large drop cloth @19.95,
5-spools of upholstery thread @1.94 ea.,
1-old sheet for the pattern, free,
6-down pillow inserts for seats @ 5.99 ea.,
brown grosgrain ribbon for ties @4.40,
& with lots of measuring & sewing, together we created new slipcovers for our dining room chairs.
Considering that neither of us had ever tried something like this before, we are thrilled with our results!


We were so exited that we are slip-covering
two club chairs in our bedroom.
One is finished, the other is on the cutting table.
Results soon!

8 comments:

{northern cottage} said...

ohhhh incredible - can you come over & do some for me???

Funky Junk Interiors said...

These chairs are GORGEOUS!!!! Love those ruffles so much!

Donna

Cheryl said...

Nice job for never having done anything like that before.

Amy said...

I'm thrilled with your results also!

Anonymous said...

WOW -- I'm not almost speechless. Again the dropcloths. You are a clever one. I would love for you to show these off at my boardwalk bragfest. I have it on Wednesdays. Please drop by and let us have a chance to tell you how talented you are!

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

Ah ha, I know a talented seamstress when I see one. These are great.

Anonymous said...

Wow really nice collection of Dining Chairs...

Anonymous said...

Ι lіkе the helpful infο you ρroνide іn your
articleѕ. I will bοoκmark youг
weblog and cheсk аgaіn here rеgularly.
I am quitе ѕure ӏ'll learn plenty of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

Here is my web site - AmericasCardRoom Offer